Meat Property Analysis using LabSpec®
In this webinar, you will learn:
Analysis of key parameters to monitor and ensure meat quality
- Possible near-infrared (NIR) applications in meat quality
- Examples of Applications developed with LabSpec® 4 system in meat quality:
- Case study on microbiological quality in-situ of chicken
- Differentiation of species in beef products
- Feasibility study for on-site determination of chemical composition (fat, protein and moisture) on intact sausages
- Determination of cured ham rancidity degree
About our speaker, Dr. Verónica Sierra:
Verónica Sierra holds a Doctorate in Biology from Oviedo University (Spain). She held a one-year pre-doctoral stay as a “Marie Curie training Site fellow” in the Department of Meat Biochemistry at the National Food Center in Dublin and was subsequently awarded a pre-doctoral grant from the National Institute for Agricultural Research of Spain (INIA), in the Animal Production Systems Area of the Regional Service for Research and Agri-Food Development (SERIDA). During her PhD studies, she worked on several meat research projects coordinated between the group of Cellular Response to oxidative stress and SERIDA that deal with the study of the process of muscle conversion in meat, from cell death processes (as well as the enzymatic cascades that trigger and the resulting proteolytic changes) to meat quality (physical-chemical, sensorial analysis), in addition to the search for on-line quality prediction methods such as NIRS technology.
Since 2012, Verónica Sierra is responsible for the Chemometrics Department at Spectrapply Biotechnology. Spectrapply is an innovative technology-based company whose activity is framed in the research, development and commercialization of analytical solutions based on Infrared Biospectroscopy, (NIRS) applied to the physico-chemical analysis of the raw materials and products from the agri-food sector.
Stay tuned; coming soon! ---> View the recording here